Public Interest Investigations, Inc., (PII) was founded 25 years ago by Keith Rohman, a licensed investigator with extensive experience conducting detailed investigations into criminal and civil matters in the United States and internationally. Over the years, PII has become a trusted ally of law firms, corporations, and governmental entities seeking to understand the truth. This experience includes resolving incidents of fraud for large companies, investigating discrimination claims for public-sector employers, and uncovering human rights abuses overseas. PII understands the organizational and political needs of its clients and strives to deliver the information they seek, both quickly and cost effectively.
Experienced at working in high-profile settings, PII has:
- Investigated shootings in Iraq involving Blackwater, a U.S. government contractor, for American attorneys representing families of the Iraqi victims. Read media coverage here
- Investigated allegations that Fleishman-Hillard, a multi-national public relations firm, fraudulently billed the Los Angeles Department of Water & Power (DWP), an investigation that led to a multi-million dollar settlement for DWP and a related criminal indictment. Read LA Times article here
- Investigated discrimination claims from customers at Denny’s Restaurants under the authority of a federal consent decree.
For its clients, PII will:
- Locate witnesses
- Conduct interviews
- Draft declarations and secure witnesses' signatures
- Serve subpoenas
- Search databases and/or court records
- Conduct surveillance
- Collect video or photographic evidence
- Consult with attorneys on jury selection
- Testify at trial
- Investigate jury misconduct
- Research and write sentencing mitigation reports
- Conduct research on almost any topic
PII also maintains an affliation with One World Research, a New York-based research and investigations firm specializing in public interest and human rights issues.